Saturday, June 18, 2011

Super 8

Went to see this new movie by J.J. Abrams and Steven Spielberg tonight. I loved the retro feel of the late 70's early 80's along with the fact the kids in the film were making a film. I loved Super 8 when i was young and have a few of the cameras to this day. I won't go any more in to the story other then to say if you like Sci-Fi-esque films this is a must see!

I was specifically loved the fact that one of the kids in the film did makeup and makeup fx and when asked where he learned how to do it he says he learned from the Dick Smith Monster makeup handbook. Score one for the film makers on this Homage to the great makeup master of our time, Dick Smith.


One other note is that one of the characters has a Charlie McCarthy ventriloquist dummy in his bedroom which I thought was a cool touch. J.J. Abrams has a Ventriloquist figure of himself that was made by noted Figure make Tim Selberg. Nice touch Mr. Abrams.

No comments: